Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Re: New Toys

I just realized I omitted this entirely in the post below. It refers to a request for new UI (user interface) features for the 1.1 version of the game due out in January. Still no official response but we still have hope as other players seem to be fans.

Ov et al,

Two requests for 1.1 graphical display of info (that is already in the DB).

1. Any way to show historically the AF or MV of a player? I've taken to tracking my players on a google doc (which makes me a metrics geek...and that's cool) it'd be nice if you could save me the effort . Okay, this data may not be stored in DB beyond current amount but it could be.
2. Would it be possible to display the green/red attribute levels on the squad "overview" page? I know 1.1 is going to have the 4-week graphs which will display the in season changes, but it still requires clicking through each player & attribute one by one. I'd like to be able to quickly scan the whole squad.
3. categorized past expenditures/imcome. Right now if I want to know how much I've spent on wages, transfers, won/loss on unofficial comps, etc...I would need to add them up one by one if be great if the game could do that for us (and bonus points if you allow us to filter the results by period of time, ie 'past week', 'past month', etc...)


UPDATE: Ov Collyer, developer-in-chief of FML has responded. Score one for the good guys at Team Awesome FC...now I just need to con my way into a beta server....

1) I like the idea.
2) We've already added arrows to 1.1 for the above squad overview, though it's optional in the preferences because they do make the columns a little bit wider.
3) Nice idea again - I'm thinking that this could be applied generically to all table columns - basically make it show the total, or average, or whatever in a special row at the bottom. That way, you could filter your past transactions for a time period (which you can already do) and then see the total at the bottom.

We're "feature-locked" in 1.1 now, just polishing it up and fixing bugs, so 1) and 3) above would be for a future version if they made an appearance.

No comments: