Tuesday, December 9, 2008

FML Bloggers and Requests for New Toys

*UPDATE* this is only part 1 in a series of posts. Was getting to hard to write and play FML on dueling laptops.

The FML Forums are a fantastic source of info about FML updates, tactical advice, place to gripe, ask a question, etc...

Last night I asked for the other FML bloggers to identify themselves (for linkage - not nefarious purposes) and got some great response. I will be creating my blogroll in a bit. In the meantime, below are some links to some great blogs with a one or two line description.

I also put up a poll asking if readers had an FML blog, 68.18% of respondents said yes...this leads me to believe that my professors warnings regarding 'self inclusionary polls', someone please inform Zogby of this fact.

The S.F.A. In Shearer is a fantastic (and metrically based :) ) blog covering the SFA in Shearer GW (as the name may imply). They put up their FAs "team of the week" for each of the qualifier leagues and other great stats. Anyone wanna help me do this for the EEFA? Methinks I might switch to SFA if I don't make the EEFA Premiership which I am currently on track to do.

Fat wallet FC lives up to it's name!! Not only does he recap buying a player for £6,800 and selling him a month (season length) for £800,000 + 10% of any profit on the players next sale (a sell-on clause). That's just absurd. He also just bought Messi, lucky bastard. Also provides some great Saunders GW-wide metrics and stats.

Strawberry Fields Forever and ABCDE FC Advocate are the club blogs for the MacLean brothers' blogs. (coincidentally, I live in McLean, Virginia in the States). Great detailed write-ups in the 'press' style format.

Diary of an Addiction is a great (and detailed) blog following the Fen Ditton club on Clough. The blog's title is also an accurate description for anyone playing FML 'properly' ;)
Described by the author as:
A rambling account of the goings on at my team. Mostly just news reports copied from my in-game Mail, but with the odd match report thrown in. I keep meaning to write a couple of week/season roundups, but never get around to it.


Almost Retired follows club Inter Retirement on Shearer GW. Team Awesome and Inter Retirement have faced off 26 times with Inter Retirement dominating the series with 16 wins, 7 draws and only 3 losses. I'm going to blame this on the fact that 21 of those matches were youth matches and Inter Retirement currently down the #1 youth ranking. Conversly, Team Awesome's youth squad is merely a play-pen to entertain young and decent players that haven't just yet cracked the first team.


Blog name: FC Fife
URL: fcfife.blogspot.com
GW: fernandez
Topics/genre: team news, player info, goal videos & screenys, general rubbish

No comments: